Replacing Vauxhall Corsa headlight bulb

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Replacing Vauxhall Corsa headlight bulb

This should be outrageously simple but I can't figure out how to remove the headlight bulb on my 1996 Vauxhall Corsa. There's a black plastic 'wiring connector' (as my Haynes manual calls it) that slides over the three metal prongs at the back of the bulb, the manual just says "unhook and release the ends of the bulb retaining clip and release it from the rear of the light unit" but I can't get it off! Am I just being stupid? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gus

posted by  gusbrown

That's all I can tell you!

How long have you tried that before you gave up?

posted by  DodgeRida67

About half an hour! I can see how it goes on: the three prongs at the back of the bulb have a little hole in them so that when you slide the 'wiring connector' over them there will be something that clicks in to those holes - the problem is doing that in reverse.

Gus

posted by  gusbrown

Hi....I know exactly what you're talking about, mainly because I too am from the UK but also because I've owned an Astra...which uses identical setup to the Corsa. It is very simple really, all I can suggest is that you use a torch so that you can see what you are doing, also, there should be a plastic casing on the outside of the bulb holder that needs to be put on first, if there's not one, dont worry as it's only to stop dust getting in. Also, make sure you dont touch the bulb itself as it has a thin protectice layer on it which if broken, will cause the bulb to blow almost instantly..good luck :thumbs:

Edit: On looking at your profile again I realised that we live within 10 miles of each other..lol, scarey stuff :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message