93 Silverado

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  93 Silverado

Left front disk brake is locking up...after replacing rotors...pads...and calipers the same thing is happening again...any ideas...???

posted by  kelleyao3

Hey man this is where you introduce yourself not where you complain about your car!! :doh:

posted by  Voda48

have you bleed the system, might have an air lock, when you use the brakes the air heats and expands causing the calipers to rub, just a surgestion before you start trying expensive stuff.

posted by  cinqyg

I'm going to guess its your brake hose.

posted by  DodgeRida67

if were not careful chaps this guy is going to have a new car never mind brakes

posted by  cinqyg

Welcome aboard....I've copied this thread to the R&M section :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Dodgerida is correct, the flex hose, or brake hose as it is often called is the gateway for the pressure, it "flexes" with the fluid pressure coming from the master cylinder to allow or restrict fluid flow. Odds are pretty good it is tired. I would suggest replacing both sides at the same time and bleed the lines. Take care.

posted by  MsSnapon

I agree with the most likely being the flex hoses, while you're in the area. When you replaced the caliper did you also replace or at least check and use brake lubricant on the guide pins? This gave me a real problem on the T-Bird. new pins took a 1-size smaller torx than the originals.

posted by  HighWayMan

Your Message