Inside Ventalation Problem with 1993 Nissan Sentra

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Inside Ventalation Problem with 1993 Nissan Sentra

I have a 1993 Nissan Sentra XE/GXE with an automatic transmission. I'm not sure of the engine size, but for my problem, it probably doesn't matter too much.

Now on to the problem: The fan control slider switch on the center console has speed settings (0-off, 1, 2, 3, 4), an air conditioning button, air feed control slider (inside vs. out), heat/cool slider, and an output slider. The fan speed control only works on the fourth (4) setting. The fan acts like it is off whenever the slider is on 0, 1, 2, or 3, however the little LED indicator on the air conditioning button still lights up when on 1, 2, or 3 and I can tell that the air conditioner is engaged on the engine or what not. When the slider is on 4 it works like I think it should, blowing full blast and the air conditioner does work.

I am wondering if anyone else here has expirenced this problem and knows why the fan only seems to work on the highest setting (4).

Can anyone help me? I tried to be as descriptive as I could.

posted by  CompGeek700

It has happened to me on a number of occasions, I'm not entirely sure what causes it though, my initial though, and what seems like the only possible cause, would be the dial itself. I'd have it checked out at a garage :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Hello, in reply, a fan blower motor that usually only works on high needs a fan blower motor switch. In older cars the switch has contact points for each setting and these burn up easily. In most newer cars they have circuit boards. High is the last to go. The electronic climate control will light up even with the fan selector in any position. Have a tech check the fan switch/circuit board for you. Blower motors themselves tend to burn up easier when this starts to occur.

posted by  MsSnapon

If I would take it to the Nissan dealership, how much would somethings like that cost to get fixed?

posted by  CompGeek700

Your Message