Problem with 2003 Nissan Maxima instr. panel & stereo lights

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Problem with 2003 Nissan Maxima instr. panel & stereo lights

I have a 2003 Maxima GLE. I found that, after fixing the wiring harness behind my factory Bose stereo, NONE of the lights (instr. panel, stereo, A/C) lights worked. The problem was a burnt out fuse, so I replaced it and the stereo and A/C lights began working again, but only when the headlights are off. Now, whenever I turn the headlights on, the instrument panel lights don't come on, and the stereo and A/C lights go off. The only lights that still work on my instrument panel are the service engine, cruise control, gas tank, and any other indicator lights, as well as the clock above the dashboard. I followed the wiring diagram here 5th Generation Nissan Maxima Wiring Page (http://www.moodym.com/maxima/audio/max-wires/5th-gen.html) and everything is configured exactly as it should be, but I am still having this problem. I just went through the fuse panel next to the steering wheel, removing EVERY fuse, and they are all in working order. Does anyone have any idea what could have gone wrong??

posted by  lougilman

Ughh come on doesn't anybody want to take a shot at this for me??

posted by  lougilman

Uhm...just a thought, but did you see if the dimmer is all the way down?

posted by  Satty101

Your Message