ford ka stalling

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  ford ka stalling

Hi i have a 97 ford ka. i recently had a problem when i was slowing down and changing down gears that my car would occasionally stall. after inspecting my engine i saw i had a hole in one of the pipes coming off the oil filler cap so i got a new pipe and at the same time i also cleaned my idle air control valve just in case, but now when i turn the ignition it stalls straight away, i have to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep the engine running. anyone got any ideas what it could be?

posted by  kevy85

Have you reconnected the control valve properly?

posted by  fudge

Yeah its definetly on right and all the pipes are tight too,

posted by  kevy85

See if there is still any vacuum leak in the inlet side of the engine. Another possibility is that your fuel system has a fault and can't flow enough fuel to keep the engine running at low rpms. Any check engine light on the dash?

posted by  fudge

HI, thanks for your advice but i finally figured out what it was. It was the oil filler cap that was filled up with gunk and wasn't letting enough air through. so after i changed the pipe that had a hole in it there wasn't enough air getting the engine. just bought a oil cap out the scrapyard only £5

posted by  kevy85

Gunk?! Thats not a good sign. Endura-E engines go a bit tappety over the years. I have a 2003 KA and so far it hasn't let me down - its not been completely ravaged with rust either...

posted by  fudge

Could still be the idle control valve, given the fact that you cleaned it up etc. probably done it good...Maybe it needs replacing?

Edit: I didn't see that you sorted the problem out...:banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message