toyota corolla to toyota corolla engine swap

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  toyota corolla to toyota corolla engine swap

Is it possible to take the engine from a late 80's toyota corolla with an automatic tranny and put it in another corolla of the same year with a manuel tranny with no problems as far lining up gears and such. The only difference that I have seen in the two cars is the air intakes are different. :smoke:

Don't think I am to crazy the automatic tranny seems to be on the virge of going out and the engine block is cracked on the manuel. :screwy:

posted by  Zderad

Some please confirm me. I am just double check to see if the information is correct. :banghead:

posted by  Zderad

Please confirm this. I just want a little reassurance is all. :banghead:

posted by  Zderad

I realize that most of you think that this is a stupid question but hey it is becoming a place for me to increase my post count, which I could care less about. So would someone, anyone just answer the question. It should not be that hard I realize that I have not given much info about the engines but its is my moms car. Please Please answer the question before I go nuts. :banghead: :screwy:

posted by  Zderad

please :pop: :confused: :(

posted by  Zderad

Well, you're certainly very patient, I'll give ya that lol. Sorry, but I saw four replies and assumed you were being helped...as I'm sure did everyone else lol

Ok, your question, the workings of the engine are usually the same, your best bet would be to contact a Toyota dealership to confirm this though, if they are identical you shouldn't have too many problems! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

thank you cliffy :clap: :banana: :laughing:

posted by  Zderad

You're more than welcome, in future though...just bump the topic (and if possible) delete the 'bumped' posts so it only shows the intial question lol :wink2: :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message