1991 pontiac subird plug cap confussed..

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1991 pontiac subird plug cap confussed..

my question is on a 91 pontiac sunbird 2.0L plug cap. my glove box owners manual says for a 2.0L and a 3.1L that cap should be .060 .. its says that same for both in the haynes repair manual and the 91 pontaic sunbird service manual. but the sticker under the hood says .045 cap why does 3 of them say it should be .060 and the hood says .045 and which one is right?

posted by  thunderboom7

I'm trying to understand what your trying to say. So you don't know what is the correct spark plug gap?

posted by  99integra

thats correct.. which is right ??? .045 or .060 spark plug GAP

posted by  thunderboom7

The correct gap is .45

posted by  99integra

i have always went by hood sticker for gap. just like to no why everthing else says .060 gap even the pontiac service shop manual.

posted by  thunderboom7

If the 8th digit of your VIN is "K", the proper gap is .045". If the 8th digit is something else, the gap is .060".

Why was that so hard?

posted by  vwhobo

Always making mechanics seem so effortless. ;)

posted by  BavarianWheels

I prefer "Making automotive repair fun and profitable for over 35 years."

But that's just me. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

WTF? why did you guys just randomly decide to show up all of a sudden?!?:screwy:

posted by  dvdrose18

Were we supposed to ask your permission before posting?

posted by  vwhobo

both of you had only one post since January before today, and you both suddenly decide to post within a few hours of each other today. I think this is a conspiracy, I think Bav and Hobo are the same person. hey bavarianhobo, bipolar much?:laughing:

posted by  dvdrose18

thank you DVD .My thoughts exactly...by the way i know its a vin k..
i was just wondering why all the other manuals and books said the same
on plug gap. is there that many mistakes in the books or using this site for info is about as wide as a plug gap.

posted by  thunderboom7

I check the forum every single day. Just because I don't post doesn't mean I'm not here.

posted by  BavarianWheels

I think I can speak for everyone who'll read your post (all three of them) when I say, HUH?

posted by  vwhobo

As they say about people like you HOBO- Like a Dog,Piss on it and walk away!

posted by  thunderboom7

I guess English must be your second or third language. You quite obviously have trouble expressing yourself in a proper manner. Just look at your posts in this thread for evidence of that.

I'm not really sure if that's supposed to be an insult toward me or not. But if it is, you need to learn some manners. You were given an educated and correct answer to your mostly incoherent question. You should be greatful that anyone answered you at all.

posted by  vwhobo

All this crap over why all the differrent discrepancies in the owners manual and services manual for a plug Gap. i know and always use the factory hood specs for the gap. just thought this site might know the question. Since there still no answer why the discrepancies. you answered my question.
Now see if you can figure out this one also HOBO? Was it an insult or not!!!

posted by  thunderboom7

bleep.........bleep.........bleep.........bleep. and the forums have come back to life, just as unfriendly as ever:banghead:

posted by  dvdrose18

Newsflash li’l fella. The site doesn't know anything, nor can it answer your debatably ignorant questions. The forum is just a forum, nothing else. Just a bunch of electrons and bytes on the worldwide interwebz. It is not a living, breathing or thinking thing. That’s for the members to do… Except you’re apparently exempt from the thinking part.

If you’re really, genuinely interested in the answer to your semi-intelligible original question, why didn’t you just go ahead and contact the publishers of the manuals in question instead of people who have nothing to do with them? Wait a minute, the answer is clear. Because you’re not smart enough to realize that they’re the only ones who may know the answer.

Good job. You should be proud of yourself. I sure am.

posted by  vwhobo

So you say this site knows nothing.Really starting to believe that since it came from you.. And you never read a owners manual , shop manual ,haynes manual or manual of any kind and YOU never came across any discrepancies and gave it a second thought. Simple as that!!
And if you say no--- you are so fullll of it...

posted by  thunderboom7

Stop using big words you can't handle..

posted by  99integra

No kiddin'. I tried typing slower so he could keep up, but it doesn't seem to have worked. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

I see integra with his hat turn sideways. he must of missed the special bus. O look , theres hobo riding in the back..LOL

posted by  thunderboom7

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/4757/douche2zg.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

O look .. Hobo showing everbody his favorite toy he likes to ride.

posted by  thunderboom7

??????

posted by  99integra

!!!!!!

posted by  vwhobo

Integra answering with a ????????. He just doesn,t get it or he did miss the bus and Hobo answer of !!!!!!!!!.. He must me sad,happy or angry with Integra answer or just doesn,t get it neither using all the exclamation marks. Why do tell Hobo.

posted by  thunderboom7

Had no idea you could ride one dumbass. Tell me how you usually do it?

posted by  99integra

Good one integra. I'm proud of you. You are catching on. Now your turn
hobo. But before you get started! No one wants to read one of your long winded,self-righteous, narcissistic, put you to sleep columns?

posted by  thunderboom7

Your Message