90 Buick Regal Gran Sport - problems with hood latch

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  90 Buick Regal Gran Sport - problems with hood latch

Hello,
Over the course of last winter, the car in question was left out in the parking lot :doh: . Now, I'm trying to start repairs on it, and the first course of action for me is to recharge the battery. However, the hood will not open whatsoever, no matter how much I pull on the release next to the driver's seat. I've tried fiddling with various parts while a friend tugs on the release, but I'm still getting no results. There is an opening just under the nose of that car where I am able to see and reach the latch, but most of the assembly seems to be enclosed where I cannot reach it. I believe I may have to replace the cable, but until I can, I'd like to get the hood open at least once to boost it with one of the other cars. Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I'd like to get this car rolling before June :wink2: .

posted by  Frogblender

You might be able to put a long flat-head screwdriver on the release latch (not safty catch latch) and open it that way. Basically doing the job of the cable from right at the latch assembly.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message