Help! How to reset clock in Chevvy Prizm???

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Help! How to reset clock in Chevvy Prizm???

Hi,

I just bought a second-hand 2001 Chevvy Prizm. The clock is wrong and there don't seem to be any buttons for adjusting it. I have no handbook. Can anyone help?

Thanks
-=-
Scarlett

posted by  Scarlett

Maybe a pic would help those of us not familiar with clock in a Chevy Prizim?

posted by  BavarianWheels

I'm sorry, I don't have a picture. It's just a digital screen. All the buttons around it seem to refer to the CD player or the radio...

posted by  Scarlett

Found this online - not sure how much help it will be...

posted by  Scarlett

With the radio/cd player turned off...and the car on (?...may or may not make a difference)...try pressing and holding some of the buttons...My Mazda's radio has a clock button that only works when the radio is off...

One of them should cause the numbers to start blinking...and then you can use the < or > buttons to change the time.

Otherwise, I'd need a better pic of the radio/clock.

I tried a few combinations - but I guess I'll just have to keep at it. Thanks for trying to help....

posted by  Scarlett

When turning off the radio...try holding down the power button...

Generally it is a combination of two or less buttons which you hold for 2 to 5 seconds. at least in my experiance(sp?). :2cents:

posted by  Zderad

Hey, I too have a second-hand 2001 Chevrolet Prizm, and I had to figure out how to adjust the clock. I found that, with the radio OFF, if I held either of the buttons in the right-hand corner of the radio (they look like < and >) for a few seconds, the radio would beep and begin to change the time. The right button adjusted the minutes and the left button adjusted the hour. Then, when I was finished, I turned the radio on and voila! A radio with the correct time. I hope this helps you, and anyone else who unfortunately does not have a driver's manual for their Prizm.

posted by  umta15

Your Message