98 Nissan Primera - No dashboard lights!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  98 Nissan Primera - No dashboard lights!

Hi,

I've got a 98 Nissan Primera (5dr hatch, 1.6 16v).
My friends and I decided we'd be clever and replace the standard cassette player with an old sony cd-player. Opened everything up only to discover Nissan want their own colours for the wires that nodbody understands.

No wiring info in the owners manual, so we experimented until we got it working. In the process we blew the fuse for the tail-lights (and both bulbs) and also managed to kill the dashboard illumination for the speedometer, etc.

Messed about with the CD player some more, changed the fuse for tail-lights and bulbs, BUT CAN'T FIND THE FUSE FOR THE DASHBOARD LIGHTS! Any ideas????

P.S. I read somewhere on the web last night that this may have happened because we connected the dashboard illumination wire to the negative wire if the stereo. Apparently, some Japs do not have a negative wire so we grounded it to a bit of metal on the car(!).
:banghead:
Hanif

posted by  Hanif

Does the power to the dash lights have an in-line fuse?

posted by  Lexmonkey

I'm Alvan ("riveralph") and I'm new to this forum. I also installed an aftermarket CD player/receiver in my 1989 Nissan 240SX hatchback and lost the lighting in my dash panel. Did you ever find out the source of your problem and, if so, how did you fix it? :banghead:

posted by  riveralph

Hi I don't know how to fix your problem but this is a great website that I found to explain how to put in aftermarket accessories and gadgets to the layman.

This is a link to the home page. (http://www.the12volt.com/)

and this is a link to the page that I think will help you the best. (http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/)

posted by  wizzyb82

i am having the same problem, did you ever find out how to fix the lights in the dashboard

posted by  southampton

hi there i am looking at buying a primera eGT and the abs light and oil pressure light dont work this also has an aftermarket radio could this be the same problem??

posted by  dev1l_666

You wont get a response from those people....*hint* this thread was posted in 2004, lol. Also, stereos really aren't my forte here....but I doubt these issues are connected, best bet is to see if somebody else can help ya out!

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message