1993 Taurus Sho 3.2

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1993 Taurus Sho 3.2

What would cause a 1993 Ford Taurus Sho 3.2L v6 with auto transmission to have the driver side cv joint completly slung out of the transmission.

posted by  coldrain

Three things.

#1 Why didn't you feel compelled to introduce yourself before freeloading?

#2 Is that a question or a sarcastic statement? Because you ended a sentance phrased as an interrogative with a period.

#3 Since when were the CV joints ever INSIDE the transmission?

:ticking:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Hmm, we dont know the mileage, we dont know the mechanical shape this car has been kept in....we dont know anything really other than the "driver's side cv joint got slung outta the tranmission." My father has a loaded 1994 SHO 3.2 auto and it is fine at 65K miles..... :laughing:

Sounds to me like it was worn out and just flat out broke and fell apart. The axle shaft has an outter CV joint at the hub and an internal one as well at the transmission. Those joints are under one hell of a load of rotationary torque to power the front wheels and if that joint was degraded, it is possible for it to fly apart. Usually they start making noise first. Did anything exciting like noise occur for a while before this happened? I can only imagine the possible undercarriage damage that a flying axle shaft could do still connected the wheel hub but disconnected from the automatic transaxle. BOY YOU'D HEAR SOME NOISE THEN!!! :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Your Message