Installing perfroamce Muffler with Tip help

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Installing perfroamce Muffler with Tip help

My friend purchased a 3A Racing Perfromance Muffler with Tip. Niether of us has any experiance on putting mufflers and etc. on. I have another friend with the same muffler with tip, but he had someone do it for him. We are trying to put it on a '95 Subaru Impreza. Here is a pic of the part we want to install:
http://www.3aracing.com.au/HTML%20Folder/Pic_Pages/02Exhaust_Pic_09.htm

Could anyone please help me figure out how to install this part? Maybe a step-by-step guide kind of? We know we are going to have to weld it on, but we aren't really sure on how to put this on. The current exhuast system is the stock one. We are currently in the proccess of getting performance parts piece by piece. Thank you.

posted by  -SK-

Maybe you should follow suit if you don't know what you're doing...have a professional install the equipment.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Even if you do know what you are doing, installing a muffler yourself doesnt usually work right.

You can clamp it on, you can put liquid metal in the creases.

However, if you dont weld it, it is not perfect. Cracks start and you get small exhaust leaks.

The only way to install a muffler is to weld it. PArticularaly if your trying to improve performance.

A muffler shop might charge you $20 to $30 I know a local one here does. Not worth putting it in yourself, just drive it over there noisy.

posted by  stamar

oops..

posted by  stamar

Your Message