2001 Neon Radio Dead

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  2001 Neon Radio Dead

My battery died last week and I have since installed a new one and now my Factory Radio will not come on. I have taken it to Dodge and they tried the fuses but they didn't have any success. I am trying to find the "CODE" to enter online without much luck. Can someone help?

posted by  sbennett333

If you mean "code" like on BMW head units, then your dealer should have that information or it'll be in the vehicles operating manual...for a 2001 it should be close by.

posted by  BavarianWheels

No I took it to a Dodge dealer yesterday and they stated I might need a code to enter on the radio dials to get it back up and running. The light on the Bass and Trebble buttons are flashing on and off so the radio is getting power, however it is not doing anything else.

posted by  sbennett333

the code is no where to be found in my owners manual

posted by  sbennett333

Is the head unit stock for the car or is it aftermarket?

If it is aftermarket, call the mfgr.

posted by  BavarianWheels

This sounds very familiar to the "theftlock" system found on select GM vehicle's radios such as the "moonsoon system." I am not familiar with the Chrysler way they do it.....BUT, if you have not CHANGED the code since owning the car, then the generic code that the manufacturer programed into it should be printed in the owner's manual and certainly if not, the dealer should be able to assist. If this radio is aftermarket, we're pissing up a rope here entirely.

If all else fails, there may be an INTERNAL fuse INSIDE the radio that will have to be pulled in order to get it to reset itself. This one's really on you because other than what's been stated, none of us can really help you. Good luck! :thumbs:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Thanks so much guys. I will probably end up taking it to a sound system place like extreme audio...thanks for the input though :thumbs:

posted by  sbennett333

Your Message