GM Crankshaft Position Sensor Stuck

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  GM Crankshaft Position Sensor Stuck

I know I just joined and already a question but I need help, I have reached a new level of frustration you know the one where a stick of dynamite is looking like the only answer. :cussing: I attempted to replace the CPS in my 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1, I read the manual (ha). The darn thing would not budge. I tried turning the crank, got the crank to turn by hand (not fun) and it helped none. My boyfriend decides to help, breaks the sensor off in the block. The portion of the now two piece sensor with the o ring came out, the bottom portion did not. How do I get it out???????????? I have tried everything I know. Please help.

posted by  jewlsb

is the sensor inside the block or on the outside?

posted by  Pieface

Is the portion stuck in the block plastic?

posted by  DodgeRida67

The portion in the block was plastic, metal and the magnet. I finally got it out last night. I dropped the oil pan down enough to push the sensor back up through the block and pull it out with plyers. My intent was to drop the oil pan completely but as of yet I have not been able to accomplish that but I have not given up. I have a compressor and impact comming tonight to break a bolt free. Then I can begin to put the car back together. Hopefully I will be driving it in a day or two. Thank you.

posted by  jewlsb

Your Message