Alarm and Central Locking

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Alarm and Central Locking

Hello i have a 92 ford fiesta flight 1.4. I bought a shark Professional Car Alarm which has a grounded when armed wire which say it can be connected to an central locking interface but as I have read on websites you can use relays to lock/unlock the central locking can anyone help?

thankyou

djrock

posted by  djrock

eah you usually do if you have a remote as the current required to operate the soloniod locks is way to high for the electroics for the IR or RF remote transponder

posted by  cinqyg

So how do i wire the alarms grounded output when armed to the fiestas central locking?

posted by  djrock

with out a wiring diagram of both im not going to comment, i am sure you understand its diffcult to sort out without seeing it.

posted by  cinqyg

If i could get a wiring diagram of the fiestas central locking it might make it a bit clearer to me.

posted by  djrock

thats nice and easy, just buy yourself a haynes manual it will be on the back few pages.

posted by  cinqyg

I think tomorrow i will be getting one but i was looking for advice to get a grounded when armed wire to work with the central locking since i have taken apart the drivers door and tested the 2 plugs for the central locking. I know the red/black is 12v constant and brown is ground constant. The second plug the yellow and white switch polarity when lock then back when unlock. Which i can get my head around wiring the grounded when armed output to the central locking.

djrock

posted by  djrock

I found out if you touch the white and yellow together for 2 seconds all doors lock touch it again they unlock.

If you send a gound voltage for 2 seconds to the yellow the doors lock if you ground the white for 2 seconds the doors unlock.

So how would you wire the grounded when armed output to the central locking without blowing fuses if someone forgets to turn the alarm off and unlocks the car with the key?

posted by  djrock

Your Message