looking for a trans for a nissan!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  looking for a trans for a nissan!

my sons 1992 nissan 240sx is stuck in 3rd. gear any thoughts/ thanks

posted by  theitaliano

Welcome :smoke: first of all you should introduce yourself! no matter

does it just get stuck in 3rd gear or is it stuck in 3rd gear and wont budge?

posted by  Lukaz

Sounds like we're moving to R&M...

posted by  BavarianWheels

The food I cook doesn't taste that great. Any thoughts?

First of all, any and every piece of information about this is very important in diagnosis. Any answers to the following questions would help greatly.

Manual or auto?
When did it happen?
Prior troubles?
Milage?

Secondly, always be clear about the question you have. From this thread It could be hard to tell if your looking for a new transmission (like the title says) or if you want diagnostic help on the one you have.

Consider the above statements before making any more posts in this forum.:thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Frist of all..like anything, the more you cook the better you get! my son has had the car for less then a month and after two weeks of driveing he comes home to tell me it will not shift down or up from 3rd. gear(Manual) car has 149000 on it. If its something i can fix, ill take any info.
thanks fellow car lovers!

posted by  theitaliano

Does the stick move and it just wont change gears or does the stick not even move?

posted by  DodgeRida67

no movement.

posted by  theitaliano

I suggest you start by removing your shifter and seeing if you can move the shift knob(or knobs, not sure of nissan transmissions) without the shifter.

posted by  DodgeRida67

i already tore apart the shifter and the lock rings and stuff seem ok but it wont shift at all i put the shifter and what not back in. now somone told me it may be the synchros but that wouldn't stop it from shifting just give me a lot of grinding.

posted by  theitaliano

LMAO Dodge...HAHAHAH...I'm with you though on this one!! Usually if they don't have enough brains cells in their heads to figure out what you've had to tell this one, I don't waist my time! Instead it's: "Good luck figuring it out!!" :thumbs:

Oh, and if you are not that good of a cook, I suggest you do what I do. I never cook, I eat out all the time and eat healthy. It's less work for me and less cleaning up afterwards :laughing: That was a good comeback, I like it I LIKE IT!!! :thumbs: :orglaugh:

posted by  cmeseadoin

LOL. No I don't cook. That was just sarcasm. :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Me either, that is why they make restaurants right? ;-) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Your Message