Chrysler Cordoba Wont Start

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Chrysler Cordoba Wont Start

My Names Jesse
Got 1976 Cordoba That
Ran Fine
Turned It Off And Then Hour Later Went To Leave But Wouldnt Start Just Clicks In Firewall
Any Sugg?

DONT THINK DEAD BATTERY SINCE ONLY SAT FOR A HOUR AND STARTED FINE WHEN LEFT HOME
WOULD IT GO DEAD THAT FAST?

posted by  JESSETHEISS

Clicks? Dead Batt. click...

posted by  BavarianWheels

I THINK BATT FINE
LIGHTS LOOK GOOD AND ONLY SAT FOR HOUR
STARTED FINE PREV
ALSO IT JUST CLICKS ONCE

posted by  JESSETHEISS

No need to yell... :wink2:

A clicking noise has meant a dead battery to me. One click noise also, but it certainly can be something else. *end of my expertise* :laughing:

posted by  BavarianWheels

thanks sorry about caps
will try jumping

posted by  JESSETHEISS

Besides just the battery, I would also look at the battery terminals. If they look loose, tighten them, if they look corroded, clean or replace them since they are the cheap parts to replace.

posted by  blackmagik

LOL, thats funny. :laughing: :laughing:

Check battery voltage while key is turned to the start position. If you can't because you do not have a volt meter or a helping friend, try jumping it. Your looking at a dead battery, bad starter, or a loose cable. Probably in order of probability.

posted by  DodgeRida67

What a joke this thread is...why not instead of GUESSING and THINKING that you dont have a dead battery because it "only sat for an hour"...why don't you diagnose the problem? Batteries can be fine here and now, and then all of a sudden, they're dead. It just works that way sometimes. Lights can appear fine too, they take one hell of a lot less current to illuminate than the starter motor takes to spin the engine.

In all the time you took to post what you dont think it is for no good justifiable reason, you could have easily checked the voltage at the battery and then tried to jump it. The clicking is gonna be the solenoid with 99% certainty clicking due to not enough current getting to it. Hell, I'd have had the thing fixed before it even broke with all the inaccurate assumptions you made and the time you took to post this thread. I agree with Dodge on this. He hit it right on the head.

posted by  cmeseadoin

Your Message