Unpoppable Tires

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Unpoppable Tires

I was wondering if unpoppable tires exist for cars and trucks, because I know they have them for wheelbarrows and lawnmowers.

I'd be appreciative if someone could post any info you might have on this topic. And if none exist is it possible to create them, and what kind of material would they have to be made out of.

posted by  blackgazpacho

In short, no

wheelbarrows and lawnmowers might have SOLID wheels that are all plastic or rubber, if you go with a solid rubber wheel the quality of the ride of your car goes to shit. You will feel every bump.

They do make pneumatic tires that run flat, but thats just a solid rubber ring (can be metal too) around the rim, but they just cost fuel mileage, besides you should always keep a full size spare on board.

posted by  Aten

in one of the new beamers, they say the tires are nearly impoppable, atleast thats how i understood it

posted by  mazda6man

I know the Hummers (not the H2's) if the tire pops a new new one will inflate

posted by  JettaChiC20

Oh really. Remember now we had a deal. I'm going to do the best I can on my part but you need to do your part. This is just plain incorrect information. For a fairly good explanation of how the system(s) work please look at the links below. Have a spectacular day.

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Dunes/9022/tipsfeatures.htm#CTIS

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Dunes/9022/tipsfeatures.htm#Tires

posted by  vwhobo

ouch ! :?

posted by  squirlz

seems like vwhobo likes to prove JettaChiC20 wrong :)

posted by  57ock

Well that's not very hard to do. And no, I hate to see people spread misinformation.

posted by  vwhobo

how about you stop hatin' on me because it seems to me that you are gay...everytime I say something "WRONG" you always have comments, but if someone else (meaning a guy) has the wrong info you corrrect them and say something nice to them. I have ignored you for your previous comments to me, and you just can't seem to grow up. Excuse me because I had thought that the Hummers had unpoppable tires, but I guess I was wrong. It's okay to correct me, but leave the neagative comments to youself because it seems to me you have a low self esteem and have to talk sh*t about others.

posted by  JettaChiC20

And you're still a name caller. I guess that makes you the hypocrite.

posted by  vwhobo

Ah yes, now I have time to type.

1. I don't hate you, I hate people who make statements without thinking about whay they're saying. I've already covered the fact that you continue to be a name caller in a previous post.

2. When somebody says something wrong I do my best to correct them nicely. When somebody, male or female, says something stupid I call them on it. You just give me more opportunity to do so than anyone else in this forum.

3. You have not ignored me. You have called me names, pissed and moaned, bitched, lied and generally made a scene whenever possible.

4. Yes you were wrong. No you didn't state that Hummers had "unpoppable" tires. You stated that "if the tire pops a new new one will inflate". Your words not mine.

5. There were no negative comments. I did correct you, provided you with links to help you better understand how it works, and gave you a cordial salutation.

Bottom line is if you continue to speak stupidly I will continue to treat you as though you are stupid. You are the one who can change the situation by thinking before you hit submit.

P.S. Read my signature block. Which one are you?

posted by  vwhobo

JettaChic, now that you're back how about a response.

posted by  vwhobo

It seems dubious why blackgazpacho would want to know about unpoppable tyres ? Maybe he was taking into account stingers and police edition rounds aimed at the tyres of his getaway car in the making lol I’d suggest an Impreza Turbo or an Evo for a base car P

posted by  snoopewite

Your Message