Ford Fiesta

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Ford Fiesta

Hi all,

New to the forum do thought I would introduce myself.

I currently own a 95 Fiesta 1.3 LX and am having problems with it. Everytime the vehicle comes to a standstill it nearly stalls. The rev limiter goes down to 500 revs whereas it's usually about 900. More recently it now bunny hops in first gear but is okay in every other gear.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? If so, how?

posted by  Red Barmy

the introduction goes into the "Introduce Yourself" section but ok..... anyhow, wat do u mean with "bunny hops"? does it jerk? stumble? wat?

as for the revs thing, it used to happen to my car. turns out there was a problem with the fuel pressure, mainly the fuel pump dying (which it did :D). have the fuel system looked at first, it shouldnt be anything big.

posted by  Inygknok

It repeatedly jerks, as if leaping or hopping along the road.

posted by  Red Barmy

have you pulled the trouble codes? It is relatively simple since your car has an EEC-IV computer system

posted by  tbaxleyjr

easy question, is it auto or manual?

posted by  Inygknok

Manual

posted by  Red Barmy

they were only made in manual except for the flight.

posted by  cinqyg

You will find that there is an "IAC", Idle Air Control valve, or "BAC" Bypass Air Control valve located at the throttle body. These usually get sticky with carbon. Ford products, as well as jeep, have a way of getting gummed up with pcv gases and moisture. Remember, your vehicle is port injected, not carburated or throttle bodied. There is no fuel passing in proximity to your throttle body, so no cleaning is happining. To tell the difference, a bac valve will have coolant hoses running to it for heating. The iac is full electronic. Either way, remove the air tube going to the throttle plate and open it. If it is full of gunk, clean it w/ a carburator cleaner, and remove the valve on the throttle body. This will allow you to clean it also. Other problems could be a throttle posistion switch, or a range switch. These will more or less set a code. Giver a shot.

Scott, Murphy, NC

posted by  mannythedog

Although your info might be good...I hardly think it's going to benefit Mr.Barmy 2.5-yrs on...do you?

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message