Changing brake pads

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Changing brake pads

Can someone give me advice on changing front and rear brake pads on a Ford AU
Cheers
Ginx

posted by  ginx

i can give u the advice of introducing urself first before u ever get any help.

posted by  Inygknok

That was a perfect example of an ass-hole response. Thanks Inygknok, thank you for being an ass-hole.

posted by  What

why are u even complaining again? if i didnt do it, someone else would have. u aint helping at all by bothering to call me an asshole.

posted by  Inygknok

Thanks IdiotKnock, man I can write anything I want about myself! But does this mean Its true, and by the way I'm new to this and thankyou for sharing your friendly advice with me

posted by  ginx

Cheers Mate !!

posted by  ginx

enough bull crap.

Most brake pad replacements are not too hard. I am not familiar with Nissans outside the US but there are normally two caliper bolts which will have to be removed to allow the caliper to be moved out of the way. Once this is done, either remove some fluid from the master cylinder and bottom the caliper with a large c-clamp or pliers (protect the caliper piston with the old brake pad). If the car has ABS, the calpier is bottomed by cracking open the bleed screw instead of forcing the fluid back through the master cylinder to keep crud from fouling the ABS systems Hydraulic Control Unit. The rotors on the Nissans I am familar with can be removed by removing the torque plate and sliding off. Assembly is reverse of removal.

A good Haynes or Chiltons manual will have more details and torque specs for reinstalling the fasteners

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Thanks for responding and your help, but the car in question is actually a Ford Falcon AU Series 2 and is still considered currently new and I'm not able to purchase a workshop manual as it won't be released until 4 years after manufacture.
Cheers
Ginx

posted by  ginx

Sorry I missed the car in question

The basic principles are the same except Ford (at least the US domestics) sometimes uses a special pin which is removed by squeezing the ends together together and driving out with a punch. These pins, if the car has them, should be replaced when doing a brake job. Most Ford Calipers (at heast the domestic US ones) just slide off after removing the caliper

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Thanks again, yea I think your right, I'll have to take a better look. Last time I looked there also was a weird retaining metal clip that secured them from above, so probably once the pins are pulled I assume the metal clips will pull out. I'll take a look next weakend and have a go.

Cheers

Ginx

posted by  ginx

Your Message