Cant insert any CD's

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Cant insert any CD's

hey,
I cant insert any CD's into my stock cd player. Problem happened when i ejected a cd and it got stuck half way. I had to pull it really hard to get out and realized that a small bar type thing is now blocking me from putting any cd's in. It's exactly in the middle of the cd opening and its made out of metal.
So obvioulsy the cd player doesnt want me to put in any cd's. I even unplugged everything from the back but with no success. Any idea what i should do next?

posted by  therealrameth

Do you have the make and model of the cd player in there? Probably the ejection mechanical linkage or contraption that is mechanically activated when you press eject somehow got damaged when you put some muscle on the CD to pull it out. Never force electronics otherwise you often break something. When thi happened, did you try to press the cd back in lightly with the thinking that it may re-accept the cd and then you can try eject again? If it did not come out with just a light pull, and you forced it, you probably somehow caught something in the linkage and have broken it. Probably will need to pull the radio out and have a look with the possibility of having it professionally looked at. That's my :2cents: It is not a car, and electronics are certainly not my forte.

posted by  cmeseadoin

When the cd got ejected, it came out half way, and then the bar thing came up and went inside the middle hole of the cd. So i had to push the cd up so it would get over the bar and pull it out. when i pulled it out i do not think i did anything to the cd player..just put a big scrape where the bar rubbed against.

posted by  therealrameth

So now you cannot get another cd in, right? You have a metal "bar" in the way. If removing power from the unit and restarting it does not work, something mechanically or electrically has probably happened. That "bar" must be part of the linkage. You'll more than likely have to remove the radio and have an electronics shop look at it OR since this is factory, aftermarket it. There is nothing more I can do on here other than give you that advise.

posted by  cmeseadoin

Your Message