short-circuited/ damaged dashboard electricity

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  short-circuited/ damaged dashboard electricity

hey, i was removing my cd player in my car, when my screwdriver touched the inside of the cigarets lighter thing and some sparks came. Next thing i know..my clock, radio, cigaretee lightier and stuff arent working. i think i short-circuited it or damaged the electrical thing. what should i do? is there like a fuse or something that i can replace?
HELP... my dad is gonna kill me..

posted by  therealrameth

I don't know much about cars but I read this forum daily and can almost remember a similar question as yours somewhere on the forum. Try to read some of the threads. If I read it, it should be a recent thread because I have only been on this site for less than a month. Maybe you should try to do a search that includes short-circuited cigarette lighter. I just thought I would try to respond quickly so dad doesn't kill you. Good luck on finding a solution.
By the way, this is just a quick response to hold you until a "knowledgeable" person can respond.

posted by  vniles100

it was just a simple fuse replacement. The fuse box even had a replacement fuse.

posted by  therealrameth

Great!!! and you are still alive :laughing:

posted by  vniles100

Any time something like that happens you are typically protected by a fuse. Pull out the owner's manual and start looking at fuses and what powers what. Your problems screams fuse and low and behold it was! :clap:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Your Message