crank bearings

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  crank bearings

can someone explain to me what happens when you spin a crank bearing??

posted by  s-10-fanatic

Hi, most of the time it wipes out the crank and the rod ,if this happens you should have the crank turned and the rods resized, not a fun thing to happen :screwy: good luck Slim

posted by  Slimone

i guess what i meant by "what happens" is like how does it happen? and why does it take out the crank and rods, like what happens that it does so much damage?

posted by  s-10-fanatic

Hi Fanatic, Well most of the time one half of the bearing slips around inside of the other half,this can be caused by bearing being wore to much(many miles on them)or lack of oil, or just not have the right clearance and not torqued to spec, any way when this happens it wares groves in the crank, by the way think you have a coil break down on you race car when it gets hot. hope this is helpful have fun Slim :screwy:

posted by  Slimone

thanks for the help on the crank bearings. also, about the race car...we changed coils twice now and it still does the same thing. any other ideas as to what it might be?? also do you have any pictures of drag cars that you have built or raced? im just curious and would like to see them :thumbs:

posted by  s-10-fanatic

Your Message