Need help with my Jetta!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Need help with my Jetta!

JettaChiC20 wrote -
"sorry it took so long for me to get back to you about the mods...I actually just ordered a Neuspeed intake, and I have the body kit I just have to find time to get it on. Anyways I will keep you guys posted."

That's looking pretty doubtful roll

posted by  snoopewite

OK guys I need a little help on doing things to my Jetta...I have a 2000 Jetta GLS (performance parts) I already have an exhaust, and a chip (but I'm afraid to put in the chip because I hear it could ruin the computer and everyhting else). Now I was thinking of getting a cold air intake, and headers as a start. Any other suggestions???

posted by  JettaChiC20

Welcome to the forum JettaChiC20. What about forced induction or/and nitrous?

posted by  snoopewite

that's an idea...thanks ;)

posted by  JettaChiC20

You're welcome.

posted by  snoopewite

So have you done anything to your Jetta yet?

posted by  snoopewite

i'm gradually doing things to it, but first I was working on the exterior I just ordered my Caricature body kit that should be coming soon, and that's the last of the exterior things that I want to do. I worked on the lights, and when I get the body kit on I will post some pics of my car :!:
:) :) :) :) than it will be time for suspension and performance

posted by  JettaChiC20

Are you going to stand by your car in any of the pictures of your kitted Jetta?wink Did you modify any of your previous cars? I read that you had problems with your Mitsubishi Eclipse when you had it. It wasn't anything do do with overheating by any chance was it?

posted by  snoopewite

DONT use nitrous unless you got the money to buy a compleatly new engine... it eats up the engine like you wouldnt believe. and its really cheap to use in a race, just go for like... a port & polish, full exauhst, intake, supercharger or turbo. just try and stay away from nitrous

posted by  mazda6man

oh, and go with some nice 16 or 17 inch rims, cuz if you wanna race, 18s are a little to big

posted by  mazda6man

I agree with mazda6man. NOS is cheap and nasty. Its great for racing until you run out. :)

posted by  57ock

yeah, and at the same time its cheap to use it in races. its expensive, and if youre gunna refill it alot, it burns a big whole in your pocket

posted by  mazda6man

So you’re both disputing what I said now are you? P
You can’t just say that nitrous will wear an engine out because it depends on the strength of the engine and how much nitrous is being used. A 50bhp jet and maybe a slightly stronger clutch wouldn’t be a problem as far as wear and tear goes.
Then again, needing refills is a real inconvenience. Say that you spend 1k on a having a nitrous kit installed; the bigger jets you use and the more you use nitrous, the more it’s been worth your while but that means more refills, more money being spent and maybe more upgrades e.g. paddle clutch, stronger pistons etc.
Okay then, (so after considering nitrous for my own use), it’s now off the recommendation list. thumbs

posted by  snoopewite

maybe I will once I it's finished ;) . I did some mods to my previous cars (but not anything performance). I had the Eclipse for about 8 months before I sold it (I can't believe I sold it for $3,000 with all the ish that was wrong with it - then again I sold to a kid who was just getting his license and thought the looked dope) It didn't have an overheating problem, but it had everything else wrong with it.

posted by  JettaChiC20

I don't think I would have the money to put out for NOS anyways and to keep filling it. As of right now I have a full exhaust, and I am getting the intake and headers as I said before, I don't think I will put anything else in only because I live in "over populated" Jersey. 4 words A LOT OF COPS!

I am getting 17" gun metal Alessio Turbo rims to match my smoked out look on my car ;)

posted by  JettaChiC20

:D I appreciate all your help guys :D

posted by  JettaChiC20

Just put a GT42 Turbo on it. She'll go hard for a while :D

posted by  57ock

So then JettaChiC20, how are you doing with your car exterior mods? Is it nearly finished?

posted by  snoopewite

How come every time I ask someone how they're getting on with modifying their car, they leave the forum ?

posted by  snoopewite

Maybe it's your charming personality. :D Or in this case it could be mine.

posted by  vwhobo

You two never got on since she said that she wouldn't show you her Brazilian wax job P

posted by  snoopewite

sorry it took so long for me to get back to you about the mods...I actually just ordered a Neuspeed intake, and I have the body kit I just have to find time to get it on. Anyways I will keep you guys posted.

posted by  JettaChiC20

:D LOL :D

posted by  JettaChiC20

:thumbs: so true

posted by  Unfedfat

Well that's a convenient way to peg the timeframe guys, but unfortunately that has little to do with it. I wish life was so simple.

posted by  vwhobo

You know me vwhobo. I was just 'razzin' you about JettaChiC20's Brazilian wax job, although that's one PM attachment that I really would want to receive mrgreen
Welcome back JettaChiC20 BTW wink

posted by  snoopewite

hehe... Just messin with ya man :twisted:

posted by  Unfedfat

LOL & thanks for the welcome ;)

posted by  JettaChiC20

HEY...sorry I haven't been around much I've been extremely busy...Get this, I went to a the DFP 7 Summer Sanitarium concert last Tuesday (for those of you who don't know it was a 12 hour long concert with Mudvein, Deftones, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Metallica ~ 4 hours tail gating & 8 hour concert time) Anyways we went back to my car after the concert was over I had my brother drive my car (because lets just say I was hot, tired, and drunk) so I'm sitting in the passenger seat, and realize my passenger side mirror is dangling by the a little cord. I jump out of my car, and was bugging out. How could people do that...let's just say I wasn't a happy camper to see that. You could tell that someone just bashed it off! I wish I could find those little f*cks :evil:

posted by  JettaChiC20

I'm sorry to read that JettaChiC20. It's possible that it wasn't knocked off intentionally. I know someone who knocked a wing mirror off someone's car by accident when he was stumbling around drunk on a night out. I strongly believe that all cars should now be made with folding mirrors. I know a few people who've clipped their wing mirrors and I've done it myself.

posted by  snoopewite

Thanks...but see here is the thing on my Jetta I do have folding mirrors. When I go to the car wash (if I don't have time to do it myself) I push the mirrors in towards the doors, and then when it's done I push it back into place. I definitely could tell someone intentionally did it the way the mirror was hanging. Oh well...shit happens :(

posted by  JettaChiC20

Ah... well yes then like I said before, shit happens.

posted by  snoopewite

So things are moving along on my Jetta, slowly but surely. I only have about 5 g's to go :(
As for putting a turbo in it...I thought about it for quite some time now, and I will not be doing it. It could do a lot of damage to it in the long run, and I dont want to take that chance. I still have yet to decide if I will put the chip in or not. Anyways thanks again guys :thumbs:

posted by  JettaChiC20

i'd say you specifically don't understand the date that this thread is from.

EDIT: ... aah... now i see.... silly me. Very effective advertising..... let's all go to Fuel Freedom Int..... ahhahaa....

posted by  windsonian

I just cleaned out 14 spam posts from aretert, areterd or whoever aretert was.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

thank you, that was annoying as all get out.

posted by  carls47807

Your Message