95 ford tarus

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  95 ford tarus

i have a 95 ford tarus when key is turned on the check engine light will not come on in this case the fuel pump will not run if the light does come on then the fuel pump will run and the car will start help.

posted by  Irma Gillis

elaborate a little more please. what you said is a little hard to understand. you turn the car all of the way on and no ck engine light comes on but the fuel pump doesnt work?
but when the engine light comes on, its fine?

posted by  willr

you know how when you turn on the key that the check engine light will come on like your seat belt light comes on etc. if the light comes on then the fuel pump will come on. but when you turn on the key and the check engine light does not come on then the fuel pump will not run some time it works and some times it don't, it all has to do with whether the check engine comes on or not

posted by  Irma Gillis

My guess is a bad ECM power relay. On my Crown Victoria, it is in an underhood relay box along with the fuel pump relay, AC cut-out relay and ECM power diode

The relay is only $8 - $10 @ places such as Autozone, NAPA and should take 10 minutes to replace. Check the wiring connections too.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

we replaced the ecm relay, put on a new fuel pump, a new enginition switch, my son-in-law believes it is the computer??? anyone else got a suggestion?

posted by  Irma Gillis

Possibly

Have you scanned the computer for codes?

If the car is OBDII compliant (the emissions sticker should tell you and most 95 Fords with EEC-V were) let autozone use the code scanner and get the trouble codes. If is is not (the Ford EEC-IV) there is a way to get the codes with out a scanner

posted by  tbaxleyjr

yea all modern ford vehicles are obdII and either EEC-IV or EEC-V. theres a tester called NGS made for OBDII functions and ford has their own program cards for it. im sure the local dealer has one but most charge for checkout time and that could easily end up at $50+ but if you wanna do that go ahead. im sure local parts stores could do that too without labor costs or low cost. it could be the powertrain control module(PCM) that might have ot be reprogramed. i know ford dealerships use a computer called WDS to do that, not sure if other places such as parts stores have those. either way im not sure what the problem is but im pretty sure monitoring PIDS and checking the codes will tell you

posted by  willr

Your Message