87 Bmw 325i Died On Road

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  87 Bmw 325i Died On Road

well last tuesday my bimmer decided to leave me stranded on a local freeway. I have voltage to the coil, fuses are good the fuel pumps are ok but i dont have power to the pumps or spark. i also replaced the coil thinking that it may be the culprit but im drawing blanks!!!!! :banghead: any one help!!!???!!!!

posted by  gold sho

Well...information...good. But initial comment on your cross post still stands. :wink2:

posted by  BavarianWheels

I repaired a guy's beamer once ...he replaced the relay with the wrong relay and I had to redo his mistake..took me 5 minutes to figure it out.When you turn the Key to On and get dash lights to light...have someone do this and bend down next to right rear wheel and listen for the pump to come on.Also check fuel pressure at the line to see if you have adequate pressure.Sounds like the relay went kaput or and also the fuel pump.If you don't get a 10-15 second fuel pump cycle sound....check relay box under hood..try another relay with the same number as the fuel pump relay to be sure its the relay,good luck!.

posted by  Lugnuts

the strange thing is i have swapped relays and i still got nothing, not to mention the spark problem(none)

posted by  gold sho

Your Message