New Tyres, but car swerves

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  New Tyres, but car swerves

Hi all

Have just got new tyres on my car, but when changing to 3rd and 4th gear it swerves to the right. I swopped the tyres around, but still the same. As they are new, I can only think the balancing was not done correctlly. Other my old tyres where getting pretty worn, they never did this before. What could be the problem?

Cheers

Dave (hobbit)

:ohcrap:

posted by  hobbit_ville

:screwy: That's weird :screwy:

posted by  DodgeRida67

I don't understand what 3rd or 4th gear have to do with it unless it is a speed related thing or your shifting so hard it's moving the car over. What year, make, and model vehicle is it?. Are the tires radials? If so, it could be pulling due to an inhernet tire issue (even though it is new). This is consider a radial pull and typically pulls toward the problem tire. i.e. RF tire will cause pulling to the right. Did you move the problem tire to the rear? If so, and the problem didn't move then something shifted in the front end causing the alignment to be off. Make sure all the front end components that keep the wheels aligned are tight. Let us know what you find.

posted by  tblentrprz

I'm thinking one of two things. Either this guy is very bad at explaining things, or this is some sort of hoax. :ohcrap:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message