hey, help with a 67 ford fairlane

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  hey, help with a 67 ford fairlane

.....anyone?

posted by  squirlz

i have a 67 ford fairlane 4-door(white if you have to know) :) and were replacing the 289 with a 351 windsor engine.my problem is the oilpans, does anyone know where i can get a replacement oilpan for my new engine? maybe off of another car?

posted by  squirlz

Help me out here, I'm having trouble visualizing. What or where exactly is the problem.

posted by  vwhobo

we are trying to put a late model 351 windsor engine in a 67' fairlane. the v8 pan from the fairlane will not fit the windsor due to the fact that the rear-main bearing cap is physicall larger than on the 302 engine we removed.Also all the bolt holes line up except for the two adjacent to the rear - main bearing cap. the windsor engine has a 1 piece rear main seal,(1984 model, i believe the engine is) any help would be greatly appreciated.

- thanks

-mac

posted by  squirlz

Alright then, let me see what I can figure out. See ya.

posted by  vwhobo

thanks

posted by  squirlz

.....? :) anything yet man?

posted by  squirlz

got any pics of the car as it is?

posted by  mazda6man

yeah, well post it late tonight, or early tommorow morning. :) its a 67' fairlane 500, 4- door . with 67,000 actuall miles with a cherry interior. need to get it running by this summer.

posted by  squirlz

Everything I've checked tells me you should be able to use the pan that came with the engine unless it's out of a truck. If that's the case use one from an LTD. You should have enough clearance to make it work. Good luck, let me know.

posted by  vwhobo

alright...we shall check the clearance on it again. ill let ya know.

posted by  squirlz

the pan is out of a van

posted by  squirlz

There ya have it, get one from an LTD.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message