Chevy-Prizm98,57K, wouldn't start !

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Chevy-Prizm98,57K, wouldn't start !

I am a newbee. I drove my car (Chevy Prizm, 1998, 57K) over 150 miles last weekend and parked it in our Parking area. After a week, yesterday, I tried to start it and it just wouldn't start. It does not even give a cranking sound when I turn in the key. The lights, AM/FM, door lights, blinkers all work fine and light up. But the car just wouldnt start. I tried to jump start with another car but no luck. Any ideas what may be the problem ? Do they have fuses which might have blown off ? Appreciate your help. Cant afford a tow and
service with the new Baby at home.

posted by  b_vasu

Seems like a fuel issue, could be a blowen fuse, or a fuel pump relay. When u use to turn the key to the own position u should have heard the "humm" of the fuel pump building pressure. Do you still hear that?

posted by  speedy266

Yes, I heard a small hum, but could be my AM/FM too. I will check again today. How can I check the fuses or the fule relay ? Thanks and Appreciate your response.

posted by  b_vasu

Explain something to me, how could a "fuel issue" cause a car's engine not to turn over? :banghead: You havn't a clue so don't act like you do. :banghead:

You're most likely looking at either a loose wire, a bad relay or a bad starter. Since this happened as it sat up for a week, I'm going to suggest the relay.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Actually he sounds A LOT like you did about six months ago. A LOT! And just look at you, you're starting to turn around. It works so much better when you THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT, doesn't it?

posted by  vwhobo

Yes it does work. Thanks for the advice way back. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

That's a good one, and yes you can tell me to shutup anytime I don't know what I'm talking(knowledgable) about anytime, only thing you would be doing is helping me. I will have to say, if I was a 14yr old I'd hate your :fu: guts :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

Here's a good one. I'm 46 years old and I do hate your guts. :fu:

Just kidding buddy. Love ya, mean it.

posted by  vwhobo

Sorry i never read the part where he said
"It does not even give a cranking sound when I turn in the key"
In that case it wouldnt be a fuel problem, as already mention could be starter itself or a bad connection, corrosion?
again sorry for giving false info.

posted by  speedy266

I guess this means you will read before giving advice in the future right? :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

I tried again yesterday many times , gave up, and called the Tow Company finally(I have to drive to Indiana this weekend). For one last time I wanted to try one more thing before they arrived. Rocked the Car back and Forth and gave a try and it started just like that !! Gave a call to the Tow to cancel. :mrgreen:

posted by  b_vasu

Wow. Now why didn't I think of that? :banghead:

:screwy: :screwy:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message