Change Oil Light On 2002 Pontiac Grand Am

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Change Oil Light On 2002 Pontiac Grand Am

I Purchased A 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Gt. I Have Had The Oil Changed Several Times But Recently The Change Oil Light Came On And Will Not Go Off. The Car Did Not Have A Book With It. Is There A Reset Button? Can SomEOne Help Me With This? Thanks..

posted by  vbozwell

1. Turn the ignition on (not start).

2. Immediately depress the gas pedal fully (floor it) three times in quick succession.

3. Watch the light. If you did it properly after a few seconds it will flash a few times and go out.

4. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the timing right.

posted by  vwhobo

You're welcome, asshole.

posted by  vwhobo

I appreciate your input!
(01 G-P, same prob., found your post thru Dogpile...)

posted by  edjames

posted by  Erdrickk

Am I missing something here?

posted by  Cliffy

I'm thinking edjames had the same problem and by searching for a solution, found this which solved his problem. He is saying thank you to Hobo.

posted by  97Talonchik

lol....I'm getting it now...I just viewed the stuff he wrote in the brackets as....well.....just letters, like n00bs tend to do lol

I assumed he was having a crafty dig at hobo.....what with saying Dogpile 'n all lol

posted by  Cliffy

what really blows is that i searched for "change oil soon" light on this forum just yesterday and came up w/ nothing...:banghead: literally nothing... i had to google it...

...you know dogpile is a search engine, right cliffy?:wink2:

posted by  dodger65

No, lol...I thought he was calling hobo names! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message