Dodge Stealth R/T upgrade to Twin Turbo??

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Dodge Stealth R/T upgrade to Twin Turbo??

I have a 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T. Nice car, but it has 149000 miles on it. Mechanic told me that the valve lifters all need replacement and the exhaust system needs work. Other than that, the car is in great shape! However, it's just not worth the money for the repairs. I figure it's time for a new car, or a serious car upgrade. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on trying to upgrade the car to the Twin Turbo. I'd probably have to get a new engine, the turbos, new transmission, change from FWD to AWD, exhaust mods, and probably some other things, but I figure after that, the car is practically brand new again. Do you think it's worth it? Sort of a rarer/unique car that you don't see too often, so I've been thinking about it. Thanks!

posted by  trav57

Sounds like it would be a good project. I see you already have most of the bases covered. Does your stealth have the 4-wheel steering system?

posted by  Sick88Tbird

No, I've got the front wheel drive. It's kind of funny. Everyone sees the car and thinks its really fast, because the stealth is known for its twin turbo. Mine is still fairly quick, but I'd like it to be the real thing. Just not sure if it's worth the money for the upgrade. I'm also thinking of just buying a newer 3000GT.

posted by  trav57

Your Message