'98 Chevy Malibu Overheating Problem

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  '98 Chevy Malibu Overheating Problem

Car overheated last week and would not maintain fluid level, although never saw any visible leaks and oil looks like oil. I removed the thermostat and car was still overheating. I replaced the water pump today and still overheating. I replaced the thermostat, temperature sensor, radiator cap, and fans are working. Still overheating. Heater does not get hot and water level just does not stay up. I fill it and cap it and after awhile it starts to push out of the cap. I removed the cap and ran it til it stopped overflowing and replaced the cap. I bleed the air out and drove down the highway. Low water light went off when I got on the highway doing 65 and then back doing 65, temp ran a little higher than normal but not overheating. As I got off the highway to come home, low water light came on, doing rougly 40 with redlights every mile, and car was just below red overheating when I pulled into my driveway. Every so often it runs rough when overheating like there's a misfire.
Anyone have any clue? I've read some other stuff talking about intake manifold or head gasket, but I do not know how those relate or if they pertain to this type of issue. If there is something that you need to know for assistance, please ask.

Frustrated,
Vance

posted by  Rackleys

Your Message