Cutlass supreme acceleration....

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Cutlass supreme acceleration....

Ok I have a 1985 cutlass supreme with a 3.8 V6. I was coming off the highway and then my car shut off so I pushed it off the side of the road then I started it again but now gas was pouring out of my carburator so I put it in drive and pushed on the gas so the engine would eat up the gas I then drove it directly home and parked it I rebuilt the carburator (so as to remove all the rust chips and such) And when I went to turn it on I now have a different sort of problem. It now almost or always kills the engine when I push on the gas in reverse, drive or when it is just idling. I checked the timing it is perfect I am almost going to just take it to the scrap yard it is hard seeing that the body has almost no rust on it since I ripped off the vynal and sanded it down I just need some suggestions and if anybody needs more info I will be glad to give it oh and it has a 2bbl rochestor praboly original w/ the car and it has eletric assist for the distributor........Pleas help.....I love the car.....

posted by  shadowriftscar

Ok I am kind of seeing the problem now I turned my car on and then looked into my carburator and I accelerated it a little bit and the stream of gas starts to die down....

posted by  shadowriftscar

My suggestion to you is to go immediately to the store and purchase a period... several actually. Just out of curiosity, do they have sentences where you're from?

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message