1995 Nissan 300ZX TT

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1995 Nissan 300ZX TT

Hey guys,

I found a 1995 300zx TT for 14,200.

The specs are
Gorgeous 1995 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, 2nd OWNER, Black in Color Low Miles 78,000 Original Miles, Oil Changed every 2500 miles, Removeable locking T-Tops, ICE Cold A/C., Beige Leather Interior, Kenwood AM/FM CD with Removeable face Plate, Rockford Fosgate Speaker System, All Power Including Seats, ABS 4 Wheel Disk Brake, All Brakes New! 3.0 Liter V6 Dual Overhead Cams Twin Turbo & Intercoolers, 24 Valve, Variable Timing, Titanium Valves, 300 Horsepower STOCK, 295 Torque, 5 Spd Manual Transmission, Super Hicas Rear Wheel Steering Double Wishbone 4 Wheel Independent Suspension, Cruise Control, Electrical Adjustable Shocks, 16" Allow Wheels with Michelin Tires. Car comes with Jim Wolf installed Turbo Genie exhaust system, Stillen Intake, HKS SSQV Blow off valves, Ultra light-weight aluminum flywheel, stage 4 clutch, eibach springs, tokico shocks, aluminum sub frame bushings, JDM computer, JDM turn signals. 60k service done approx 10k miles ago. The car holds a CA SALVAGED TITLE. (the salvage tittle is because of a broken fender)

for the 14,200, the dealer gives me 1 year warrenty, registration and plates included if i pay the ammount

What problems can i expect? i'm 21, i JUST got my license, what kind of insurance fee am i looking at?

Do you guys think its a good deal? i am trying to get a second opinion on the car and the specs and the price to see what someone who has experience thinks of the deal, (its my first car)

Please reply and give me some info,

Thanks guys

Benjamin

posted by  nogard08

The car holds a CA SALVAGED TITLE. (the salvage tittle is because of a broken fender) :ohcrap: :ohcrap: :laughing: RUN DON"T WALK :2cents:

posted by  lectroid

I agree with the 2 previous posts regarding the salvaged title. It takes more than just a "broken fender" to total out a car.

I have a buddy with a '90 300 TT and he had a heck of a time with diagnosing a driveability issue. In his experience he found that many Nissan techs are unwilling to try to diagnose a 300TT. Part of the problem was that the customer was usually not willing to pay for the diagnostic time needed to find out which component failed.

He also found out that if you have to replace parts, it's like trying to repair a Porsche 928. $1000 here and $1000 there. Nothing is cheap.

The end of the story goes like this: He had the car for about 3 years, fixed up all the body work and then spent a lot of time and money trying to diagnose the motor. Now he has it running well and he is trying to sell it.

Again, that is his exerpience. There is a lot of info on the net regarding these cars. You may want to research some of it to see if this is really what you want to get into.

posted by  theman352001

Your Message