1998 Honda Civic Ignition

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1998 Honda Civic Ignition

:cussing: I'm trying to determine all the possible ways that my '98 Honda Civic automatic with a faulty alarm system, could have been stolen.

It was stolen back in March, and found with the interior torched. My insurance company doesn't want to pay for my claim because even though the police have said the ignition was "punched out" (dont know what that means) the insurance company doesnt feel there was enough damage to the ignition.... this is what I think of the insurance company right now.. :fu: (that's for NJCURE in NJ-btw)

I'm trying to discover all the different ways Honda's are stolen.. since all the employees at my insurance company together dont seem to have :2cents: to rub together.

I'd appreciate the help.. I'm totally clueless when it comes to cars :oops: ... but I CAN check the oil.. :wink2:

Thanks!

Natta

posted by  natta

Too bad about your car. Hope everything works out OK.

"Punched out" used to refer to ignition key tumbler assembly being forcably removed, usually with a slide hammer (dent puller). Could have degernerated to a generic term for forced ignition switch, or whatever.

posted by  gravistar

Too bad about your car. Hope everything works out OK.

"Punched out" used to refer to ignition key tumbler assembly being forcably removed, usually with a slide hammer (dent puller). Could have degernerated to a generic term for a forced ignition switch, or whatever.

Wasn't there a movie, "Gone in 30 Seconds" or something like that? If someone wants your car, they're gonna get it. I've seen tow trucks hauling cars with the alarm going off. Guess that means you shouldn't get too attached to your car

posted by  gravistar

Your Message