'93 Ford Taurus VSS

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  '93 Ford Taurus VSS

Hello.

Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to change the Vehicle Speed Sensor on my 1993 Ford Taurus? It's got a 3.0 engine. I bought the part from AutoZone for $20 and the mechanic wants $60 just to stick it in for me and I'm completely broke. Help!!

Thanks!

posted by  Annmarie

Hi, Haven't changed one on a taurus but have on a lot of other cars ,not much to it hard part is getting to it ,its on the trans ,when you find it there will be one bolt holding it in place and has one elc . connection unplug it and take out the bolt and pull it straight out put new one in the same way you took out the old one and bolt it back down and plug it back in , that should do it for you, book shows it takes about 20 min.s have fun Slim

posted by  Slimone

Thanks for the response Slimone. It doesn't sound too cumbersome. Which book are you referring to? I went to Auto zone and the book they had there for the Ford Taurus did not have Vehicle Speed Sensor in the index so I didn't purchase it.... I can't remember if it was Haynes or Chiltons. Or maybe I should have been referencing it under a different name than VSS?

Thanks!

posted by  Annmarie

Hi ,the book I looked at was just a labor guide ,and they listed it as a speed sensor , But what ever you call it its still a VSS . you would have to find a book about tranny's to find how to do it ,most motors manuals won't show it unless its one on trannys. have a good day Slim

posted by  Slimone

Your Message