Oil leaking by manifold

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Oil leaking by manifold

Basically, I have a 2001 Lincoln LS which has a small oil leak by the manifold. It isn't using oil and doesn't leak enough for a drop to ever hit the ground. Is there something out there that I could use to stop the leak (externally), since it's so small? I just retired my Pontiac Firebird and don't want to install a new gasket or pay the labor ($600 :cussing: ) to have it done. Can it be stopped and if not will it really cause any problems? Thanks.

posted by  boblevel

tighten the valve cover

posted by  slbeezie

well clean it off really really well and add large globs of rtv silicone and let dry....or get a welder to weld it shut. cheap lazy people should die

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

hey... are you really 88grandprixse? :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

if i drove an 88grandprix i would get into a bathtub and slit my wrists or better yet, DO IT LIKE A MAN as maddox would say and scoop out my eyes with ice cream scoopers and put cadbury eggs in thier place around easter time so it would be fun for the whole family

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

if you have a lincoln,protect your investment by fixing it right.tightening the bolt,unless it is really loose will probably crack the low quality ford gasket and worsen the problem,and you will end up replacing the gasket anyhow.make sure you torque it to spec,and no more .there is that nice soft aluminum.....

posted by  the lobster

Your Message