1992 S-10 runs like crap!!!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1992 S-10 runs like crap!!!

hello i have a 1992 chevy S-10 pick up with a 2.8 V6 engine, the truck has a rough idle and studders going down the road. i`ve changed the plugs, wires, cap,temp. sensor,ign. module,fuel & air filters and cleaned the egr valve,iac valve and the t-body. there are no codes from computer. i think it might be the fuel pump any ideas how to fix my truck thanks, greg

posted by  gtmarko

Go read my response to your other post in another thread... then think about it. I know after reading this post you've just answered my question.

posted by  vwhobo

I have a 1988 Chevy s-10 4X4 with 2.8LTBI in it that seems to be doing the same thing that you speak of. The only difference is that I have a CHECK GAGES light on ALL THE TIME(this light has been on for some time, mind you, about 2 months. it started by flickering and I thought it was a loose wire, then one day it just stayed on). I have tried to pull codes from it, but it won't flash or do anything. This thing spits and sputters almost like it has jumped time. But was fine when I turned it off 20 min. prior. I changed the fuel filter ( which was plugged) Reset the ECM, changed plug wires, plugs, cap and rotor ( which all showed some wear)... Now, when I start it, it "pulses" runs good/ bad/good/bad.etc. VERY erratic Idle. I am hoping that this is not a timing chain/belt issue as I do not feel like ripping the front of the engine apart :wink2: So, what do you guys think, can you point me in a good direction. It would be nice to just see a 12 flash for the ECM, but I can't get it to do anything. Please write back with information, not psychogarble. I don't care what your credentials are, I just want some help with my problem as did the guy that started this thread. If you have a answer, we are open to listen, if you want to just talk smack, I am sure there is another thread more suited for that kind of talk.

posted by  domsob1974

all fix it was the fuel sending unit runs great thanks to all

posted by  gtmarko

Thank you for your ill advised opinion of how this forum should operate. However, if you were to take your own advice the last three sentences of your post would be non-existent. Kettle, black. Got it?

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message