89 Camaro vavle ajustments please help

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  89 Camaro vavle ajustments please help

:oops: Ok i just got myself a 89 camaro rs with the 2.8 v6 now the valve height ajustments were set backswords and thats were the problem comes in i need to know the hieght ajustments so i can set them correctly so anyone whos knows or knows how i can get them it would be a great help. Thanks

posted by  casperthedopest

Get yourself a chilton manual. It will tell you everything you need to know about the engine. I believe they even have a website, but I don't know. They usually cost me about $20.

posted by  lpb81

Hi, not real sure just what it is that your after, the valves adjust at "0" on the 2.8 they are hydraulic lifters and set at 0 clearance . You need to give a little more imfo as to just what you need to know. Slim :banghead:

posted by  Slimone

I said it once, in response to the exact same post no more than 2 days ago in a different section, and I'll say it again...

Originally posted by...ME
Valve height is NOT an adjustable thing, slick. Someone must have given you some severely wrong information. There is no way the "...valve height adjustments..." can be "...set backwords..."

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Your Message