Battery Issues 93 Ford Taurus

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Battery Issues 93 Ford Taurus

I just bought a 93 Ford taurus it had a bad battery when I bought it I had just had a 89 Z24 caviler with a 2.8 l V6 i took the battery out of that put side terminals on the taurus put in that battery after I did this my battery light keeps turning on when I hit the gas and when I hit bumps etc could this be because its not giving the car enough power the taurus is a 3.0 V6 checked all the grounds wires and everything they all look fine.... :banghead:

posted by  93TaurusOwner

Well I checked all the wires and connection my postive line that goes to the starter was a little rusted would this be any reason why?? all the other lines are secure in the proper spots only thing I could see why this is happening is 1. The alternator is producing to little or to much power 2. the battery is producing to little power. 3. there is a line somewhere I dont know about that is loose or bad.... :cussing:

posted by  93TaurusOwner

You answered your own question. Disconnect battery,GROUND first,then POS. Clean the rust and apply a NO-OX grease. Reconnect the batt in reverse order.

posted by  lectroid

Yes my battery light is still on tho.... and I turned on the heat the lights and the radio and turned my steering wheel and the battery died.. and the car stalled because it was sucking to much power does this mean my alternator is bad? and the above post was wrong it wasnt my postive that broke going to the starter it was the negitive ground wire

posted by  93TaurusOwner

:confused: :confused: Ok, what and where was rusted. what and where was broken ? :doh:

posted by  lectroid

the ground wire that goes under by the starter broke and the postive line that goes there is rusted

posted by  93TaurusOwner

Did you repair and/or replace ANYTHING, you know to be bad ?

posted by  lectroid

well I found out it was a junk alternator im in the process of replacing it but come across something all mechanics must run into rusted in bolts got the 2 main big bolts out of the alternator but I have a harness the connects to the engine then comes off each side a small bolt that connects to the right side of the alternator facing towards engine and a small bolt to the metal around the pulleys I cant get these two bolts out for the life of me :banghead: they ended up getting warped a bit and they are both in a rather tight area any tricks or hints how to get these 2 bolts out otherwise im just gonna cut the harness off and buy a new one.. heh but ide rather just get it all off so I can bolt a new one on heh :cussing: please help

posted by  93TaurusOwner

Your Message