92 Ford Tempo Child Lock problems

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  92 Ford Tempo Child Lock problems

Hello,

I have a 4-door, 92 Ford Tempo GL, 4 cyl. Just recently I haven't been able to open up either of my back doors to my car. Well, since I don't really use them that much it didn't bother me, I just thought it was something electrical. But yesturday I saw on the back window of both back doors that states, "Child Lock. When equipped can ONLY be opened from the outside. See Owner's Manual." I have misplaced my manual and have no idea what is going on with this thing.. maybe it is something simple but I just can't figure it out. :laughing: I have tried to physically pull the locks up fromt he inside, open the doors from the inside & doing a few Jet Li moves on it, but to no avail. If anyone has any solutions to this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much for your time reading this thread. God Bless.

Knightreaver

posted by  Knightreaver

Hi, Child proof door locks are ment to keep the door from opening from the inside ,If you can open the door from the outside look on the door edge next to the latch and you will see a small lever sticking out of the door(most of them have a sticker by them ) tells you lock or unlock ,simply move it to unlock Slim

posted by  Slimone

very simple on the outer edge of the doors is the metal child lock, push it up and they will open frm the inside

posted by  barretire

Your Message