jeep wrangler engine problem

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  jeep wrangler engine problem

hi. i'm jeremy. i have a 1993 jeep wrangler with a 4.0L six cylinder engine. it ha 130k miles on it. i just replaced the head gasket, header, and oil pump. my prolbem is that when the engine is cranked, the oil pressure rises to 60 psi. the manual says at idle it should be at 13 psi. i let it warm up to normal engine temperature and it still stays at 60 psi. Giving it gas only makes the pressure rise. i even hooked up a manual pressure gauge and it coincides with the gauge in the jeep. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

posted by  REDMANYJ

FIrst of all high oil pressure isn't like blood pressure, it's usually not bad thing, although it may indicate a problem. Are you sure the idle speed is correct? New Oil pump have a relief valve? Any other problems? 70-80 lbs of oil pressure in most cars wouldn't cause a problem.... What kind of oil are you using? :banghead:

posted by  Comanderbob

idle is at 800 rmp (normal according to haynes). i use 10w-30 Castrol oil. i'm just afraid the engine is not getting enough oil. I don't hear any knocking or engine noise. I just thought 60 psi was high compared to the 13psi that the manual says is normal at idle.

posted by  REDMANYJ

Your Message