Ford help

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Ford help

Any help will be very much appreciated, I know i am a newbie ,please help.. I have a 1989 ford ranger that had a 2.9 and i replace it with a 1993 ford explore 4.0 ,I change all the wiring from under the hood and under the dash .. I have two problem's (Other than being a dumass) The overdrive dont work (That did in the explore) and the gas gauge is all the way to full, When the switch is on . I have used three different sending unit's in the tank, The last one was a new one ,all the same result.The gauge shows full when the switch is on .Every thing else works great..She's now a tire smoker, lol...Thank's guy's for any help you can give.... I'm just :banghead: Over this..

posted by  nascarfan3

Unplug the sending unit wire at the sending unit and check out the gauge operation then. I'm betting it goes to full. If so the sending unit wire is grounded somewhere along the way.

posted by  DodgeRida67

The gas guage should have nothing to do with the engine swap.

posted by  barretire

I did Unplug the sending unit wire at the sending unit ,The gauge Did not move.. :banghead: As for The gas guage should have nothing to do with the engine swap. ALL the wires From under dash and under hood ,and to the sending unit was changed , There was some wires that plugin at the bottom of the windshild of the 93 explore had that my ranger didn't have ,So they wasnt plug up...does anyone have a wiring digram for the 93 explore's fuel guage and overdrive... thanks for any help...(Like i said I am a dummass) lol... :screwy:

posted by  nascarfan3

Your Message