Mazda 626 hub removal problem

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Mazda 626 hub removal problem

Hi, My name is Paul and I am in the process of rebuilding a transmission in a Mazda 626 1994 4cyl. I am a novice at this and I don't have a lot of experience in mechanics but this is only a project for me so I'm under little pressure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have purchased the Haynes and Chilton books on repairing this car but in some areas they don't fully explain stuff. Right now I am trying to remove the drivers side hub nut and the Haynes pictorial says to use a center punch to unstake the driveaxle/hub nut. I used an awl on this but I couldn't feel anything happen and I didn't want to mess anything up. When I try to remove the nut it won't give. What should I do? pcgfi Paul

posted by  pcgfi

I noticed that you posted your problem back in November of last year and as luck would have it I am experiencing exactly the same problems as you have described. I was wandering if since posting the message whether you have worked out how to remove the hub as the nut seems impossible to move regardless of the amont or torque I have put on it. If so please contact me at nickhowourth69@msn.com. Appologies if you still havent removed the hub and I am simply rubbing it in!
cheers, Nick.

posted by  fed20

Your Message