18" rims

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  18" rims

i'm looking to put 18" rims on my eclipse. its a 98 Eclipse GS. What all will i need to do to make them fit?? will i need new chamber's, etc. what all would i need??

posted by 

youlle need to know the right lug count, the spacing of the lugs, and probably the width of the rim,,, other than that i dont know

posted by  mazda6man

is your car lowered?

posted by  North East Customs

all of the above...a camber kit for the front rear suspention properly installed will keep youre tires alligend better to inforce even tread wear and prevent excessive tread wear..Its worth the extra money seeing how youll probably spend double that on replacement tires in the future....

posted by  99hatch

Why would he need a camber kit just to install larger wheels? A larger wheel won't affect the alignment but lowering will. BTW, this is another thread that's over two years old. I don't think he cares anymore.

posted by  vwhobo

why wouldn't rasing the car effect aligment?.....i thought it did?...

posted by  99hatch

I don't see anywhere in his post where it says the car is lowered or raised. All he asked about was installing 18" wheels. That's it.

posted by  vwhobo

If your getting bigger rims, dont you have to get diffrent tires too because it wont match the bigger rim. The sidewall gets smaller as you put a bigger rim on it so the length from sidewall to sidewall has to get longer.

posted by  CarEXPERT

true that...

posted by  99hatch

Wow, you made a brakethrough there :thumbs:

posted by  RusMan

Your Message