1994 Ford Taurus tail lights

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1994 Ford Taurus tail lights

Good morning everyone
I'm new here so please bear with me :wink2:
here's my problem
1994 Ford Taurus
1st problem - dash lights went out, (analog) still have radio, clock etc, just cant see speedometer, gear gas gauge etc. no light in ashtray - thought fuse right? wrong, changed fuse still nothing

2nd problem while searching to fix this problem, found out I have another problem this one I wasn't aware of till yesterday - NO TAIL LIGHTS
headlights work, turn signals work, brake lights work, just No tail lights, no side markers, no chime that lights are on when ignition is off, Again fuse right? wrong changed fused still nothing Now I can live without the dash light but NOT the tail lights, cant get inspection sticker not to mention safety of driving at night
Some mention to me headlight/dimmer switch - where is this, is it hard to change and is it something I can do myself
any help you guys/gals can give would be greatly appreciated - I don't have money to bring it to a dealer to let them play around with everything so thanks in advance
A dishearted female without lights :ohcrap:

posted by  champcf

I hate to say this, but my only words of advice are the biggest pain in the ass (IMO) when dealing with automobiles. Get a wiring diagram, and a multi meter. Test until you go cross-eyed or find the problem - whichever comes first.

EDIT: And yeah, a dimmer switch is a good place to start. Sounds like a good guess to me.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message