Lifters on a 95 Grand Cherokee

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Lifters on a 95 Grand Cherokee

Hey Fellas,

Here is a quick one. MY 95 Grand cherokee is now 10 years old. She is still kickin but as of lately she sounds a lil out of shape. I guess i was windering what minor tune ups i might want to think of for a car that just hit 104,000 and is now 10

posted by  Voda48

This is the factory recommendation for 102k;

INSPECT
Brake Hoses
Chassis & Body Nuts & Bolts
Cooling System, Hoses & Clamps
Exhaust System
LUBRICATE
Ball Joints
Steering Linkage
4WD
REPLACE
Engine Oil
Engine Oil Filter
ROTATE
Tires

And this is the factory recommendation for 105k;

FLUSH
Cooling System
INSPECT
Brake Hoses
Cooling System, Hoses & Clamps
Exhaust System
LUBRICATE
Ball Joints
Steering Linkage
4WD
REPLACE
Engine Oil
Engine Oil Filter
ROTATE
Tires
INSPECT
Air Cleaner Or Element
Replace if necessary.
Chassis & Body Nuts & Bolts

That is of course assuming you've kept up with everything else. You have properly maintained your vehicle, haven't you?

posted by  vwhobo

You confused me for awhile, I thought you ment valve lifters from the title. I need a break from this place. :banghead: Anyway...

Inspections to keep it in tip-top shape!

Inspect brakes, rotors and/or drums, change filters, flush cooling system, inspect hoses (cooling system & vacuum), check for leaks, Clean throttle body, clean battery posts of corrosion & ensure proper tightness, inspect tire wear, rotate tires, inspect and repack wheel bearings and grease seals, check U-joints, lube u-joints, inspect dust boots on steering, grease ball joints, check differential gear oil lever, color, and viscosity, check transmission fluid level, color, and viscosity, change tranny filter, check all lights, headlights, blinkers, tail lights, and thats all I can think of for now.

EDIT: I feel like an idiot after posting this, thats the type of list to give someone who hasnt maintained their vehicle pretty much. Have you maintained your Jeep?

posted by  DodgeRida67

Yes I do maintain her, just didn't know if I should do anything major........... like swap for a 5.7 L Hemi :drool:

Thanks fellas

posted by  Voda48

Please do!

This is a work of art to my eyes...
http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/57hemi/images/hemi.jpg

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message