How do i take the old cv axel out

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  How do i take the old cv axel out

I am changing out the cv axels on my 94 Nissan Sentra. I got the rotor off but got stuck there. Could anyone tell me what to do next?

posted by  earthangel

Replacing the CV axle assemblies on your Sentra is an extremely quick, physically easy and technically simple job. As a matter of fact, I wish all CV axles were as straight forward of a job as the Sentra. If you have gotten that far and are stuck my guess is you don't have the most important and first tool you should have prior to tackling any job on your car... The service manual.

Now I could sit here and explain in excruciating detail how to perform this job, but I won't. Go to the store, the library or a friend and get the manual. This is known as teaching a man to fish.

Oh yeah, what to do next. Put the rotor back on, it doesn't need to come off. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Got the manual and fixed the car in 2 hours. Saved over $200 doing it myself. :thumbs:

posted by  earthangel

Congratulations. Job well done...

$200 here, $50 there, it really adds up. :mrgreen:

posted by  DodgeRida67

pop out lower ball joint, remove big nut in center of axle, pull axle out of hub, usinmg a big screwdriver or bar pop cv shaft out of tranny and replace.

posted by  barretire

Hey all. I'm trying a similar procedure on my vehicle; I need to inspect the CV axle and possibly replace it. Do I need a breaker bar for sure to remove the nut that holds the axle in place (I believe it's the first thing to go after the wheel and that little spring metal). If not, which other tool can be used to remove it?

posted by  JaneiR36

Your Message