Paint my car with a roller? hehe

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Paint my car with a roller? hehe

I won't flame you here but if you really want to do it yourself, the cost of the paint is high enough that you should at least rent a sprayer and do it with the right equipment. It does take a lot of practice. You should read up on the procedures and take into account all of the safety precautions because those fumes are deadly. Good luck.

posted by  Tony Mason

Not being able to afford a spray gun/compressor and not wanting to have someone else paint it for me which takes all of the fun out of it i am curious as to if its possible to get a gallon or more of auto paint and use a roller to apply the paint. i would imagine it may take quite a few coats but time is not an issue. What do you guys think?

please dont flame if it sounds dumb :oops:

btw i got this idea from a tv show where they would take really crappy looking cars and do make overs on them within a limited budget and the guy on the show used a roller.

posted by  bitz

Common sense tell you that if that's how you want to paint your car, then go buy the equipment and material and do it. Before you spend your money and time though think about what it will look like when you're finished.

posted by  vwhobo

i would just rent the equipment and do it myself, because if the roller paint job doesnt turn out so good it will just end up costing you more in the long run. my guess is the best advice would just be to do it right the first time. but if you choose the roller good luck and make sure to post pics when done

posted by  xcchicx

::laughs::

posted by  BavarianWheels

ha, more power to you... but on a serious note, it wouldnt be worth it

posted by  mazda6man

i agree with M6M....even though its more $$, its better for quality reasons to get it sprayed, not rolled on.

posted by  SuperJew

WOW. It took you guys five months to respond to that post. Was it that important to you or was it just because a girl revived it today? :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

haha, wow, i didnt even realize that... people gatta stop posting on old threads, it screws us all up... like what heppened here

posted by  mazda6man

agreed....i dunno i suppose i just dont pay attention to details!

posted by  SuperJew

Who in the HELL would paint the car with a roller? Have you ever heard of trim to paint around, custom contours to work around and neverMIND the fact that you cannot paint a car worth a shit with a paint roller? LOL, some of the things people do!!!! Dude, get 50 cans of the paint in an spray can and do it that way if you can't afford the tools nor have the experience to do it correctly.

posted by  cmeseadoin

its times like these that i wish i was a mod so i could lock this topic... its old and dead... look at the posting dates if your not sure if a topic is dead

posted by  mazda6man

That seems like a really strange thing to say seeing as you were one of the people who responded five months after the fact. Remember, I was the one who pointed it out. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

yeah yeah, but thats because someone else started it up again, and it made me think it was a "fresh" topic

posted by  mazda6man

Oh, okay, but in your previous post you said...

I guess your directions only apply to other people but not to you. Very interesting. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

yeah, i started doing that myself

posted by  mazda6man

got a pic of your job?

fine just make 1 post and leave, just like everyone else, wheres the dedication on these forums.

posted by  stringer001

Your Message