Needing help fixing a hesitation on a nissan.

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Needing help fixing a hesitation on a nissan.

I got a 1983 nissan pickup that has a bad hesitation. The hesitation is right off a idle. My truck has a 2.2 motor with a 2 barrel carb. Not to help any thing i let it set for some time be for this happened. SO if any one could help me i would greatly appreciate it. :?

posted by  muddy4x4man

Well, well, well. Some of us here could probably help but... You've come on here a few times before asking for help or information. Unfortunately you never seem to find the time to acknowledge the info you receive or give any feedback on if it was helpful or not.

Nobody here gets paid to dole out information (that I know of). The only satisfaction we get is knowing that we helped somebody out. So when you show a willingness to do your part, I've already proven I'm willing to do mine.

posted by  vwhobo

Im sorry about not leting everyone know i tend to space stuff alot. Im glad you was nice about the wrongs I have done and ill try to b more polite. Sorry to make you mad VWHOBO .

posted by  muddy4x4man

Wait....you're not getting paid??

posted by  Widowmaker2k

1. Get the old gas out and new gas in.

2. Check the ignition basics (plugs, wires, cap, rotor)

3. Check for a frozen distributor vacuum advance.

4. Check for proper accelerator pump operation.

If that doesn't do it let me know.

posted by  vwhobo

Well i tryed that stuff VWHOBO but i didnt do one of them..... I dont know how to test the distributor vacum advance. Can you tell me how i can go about that ?? I have never had a motor like this so im kinda off to trying to find out the problems. This motor is a 4 banger with 8 plugs hummm ok.... i dont understand that :? . I'm glad your not still mad at me VWHOBO :D .

posted by  muddy4x4man

Look in your repair manual. You do have a manual, don't you?

posted by  vwhobo

Um no i dont :( would it help me to buy on of the chiltons books for it ?

posted by  muddy4x4man

I think the answer to that is pretty obvious. A Haynes would probably be better though.

posted by  vwhobo

OK. Thanks for your help ill try to get one soon. Your one nice dude 8) .

posted by  muddy4x4man

Your Message